Hi,

I'm just wondering whether individuals could reply to the questions in this
email. The size of the hospital I work in is approximately 350 beds.

1.)    How many Biomedical Engineers/Technicians do you have in your hospital?

2.)    What is your structure?  For example Manager-Biomedical Engineer, 2
Biomedical Engineers positions and 3 Biomedical Engineering Technicians
positions.

3.)    How many beds is your hospital?

4.)    How many pieces of equipment do you manage? What database do you use
(example BEIMS) and is it fit for purpose?

5.)    Do you do everything in-house or do you out source certain equipment,
for example anaesthetic machines. What equipment is outsourced?

6.)    What percentage of your work would be outsourced.

7.)    Do you perform AS 3551 and AS 3003 testing in-house or is this
outsourced? If it is outsourced who do you use?

8.)    If AS 3551 and AS 3003 testing is performed in-house do you find it
difficult to keep on top of the work? Do you have a team that continually does
this work or is it done on overtime?

9.)    Do you feel for the size of your hospital that you under staffed?

10.) Do you have a back log of equipment waiting repair of are you resourced
adequately to meet the demands from your clinical areas?

11.) Does your Biomedical Engineering team work split hours or shift work? What
is your normal spread of hours?

A response to the above question would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

John

John Porter
Team Leader Electrical/Mechanical
Building & Engineering
Launceston General Hospital

Mob: 0419146979
Ph: 03 6348 7433
Fx: 03 6348 7430

Email: john.por...@dhhs.tas.gov.au<mailto:john.por...@dhhs.tas.gov.au>

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
The information in this transmission may be confidential and/or protected by
legal professional privilege, and is intended only for the person or persons to
whom it is addressed. If you are not such a person, you are warned that any
disclosure, copying or dissemination of the information is unauthorised. If you
have received the transmission in error, please immediately contact this office
by telephone, fax or email, to inform us of the error and to enable
arrangements to be made for the destruction of the transmission, or its return
at our cost. No liability is accepted for any unauthorised use of the
information contained in this transmission.