Hi,

One of our hospitals is intending to build an Endoscopy Reprocessing Rooms of
one of the theatres the theatre is Cardiac Protected. The consultant says that
the Endo Room will need to be Cardiac Protected.

Outlined in As/NZ 3003:2011 point  4.4.2.4.1 would indicate that this room
should be connected to the EP junction in the theatre.

What is the requirement for this Endo Room? Is it possible to mark each outlet
not to be used for medical devices, have outlets with round pins so that a
normal 10 A plug won't fit. If this was done, can it then be wired to AS 3000
with 30mA RCD in the board?

What have other hospitals done in a similar situation?

Regards,

John

John Porter
Team Leader Engineering Services
Building & Engineering
Launceston General Hospital

Mob: 0419146979
Ph: 03 67776433
Fx: 03 6348 7430

Email: john.por...@ths.tas.gov.au<mailto:john.por...@ths.tas.gov.au>

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
The information in this transmission may be confidential and/or protected by
legal professional privilege, and is intended only for the person or persons to
whom it is addressed. If you are not such a person, you are warned that any
disclosure, copying or dissemination of the information is unauthorised. If you
have received the transmission in error, please immediately contact this office
by telephone, fax or email, to inform us of the error and to enable
arrangements to be made for the destruction of the transmission, or its return
at our cost. No liability is accepted for any unauthorised use of the
information contained in this transmission.