On Tue, 9 Nov 2010 18:12:19 +0100, Christian Lohmaier wrote:

Now that a non-SC member replied, I can't hold back either: I wouldn't
be that sceptical :)

> Well - nothing against giving appropriate credit - but the question is
> what does he think is appropriate?

We can always propose and ask. :). But given that we have a page where
we already credit around 500 people, it can't hurt to also insert a
section that thanks them for helping to set up the website.

> The problem I personally have with this is that the result then is not
> community knowledge, think in therms of bus-factor and the like.

I don't see it as that bad. We have many alleged drupal fans, and I bet
they will be able to switch out the themes or modules or whatnot.

In fact, I think it would be dumb to refuse an offer from a commercial
entity to help us, just because they are not in the community yet. The
point of LO is to get more people (and firms) involved in our community,
and allowing them to help us set up a professional website would
demonstrate our openness to such contributions by other firms. If we
don't like it we are always free to refuse or exchange it later.

Sebastian

--
E-mail to steering-discuss+h...@documentfoundation.org for instructions on how