On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 10:43 +0100, Florian Effenberger wrote:
> I'm still not a friend of this two-term limitation, I just see no sense
> in it.

        Quite - we will have free & fair elections :-)

> IMHO, but I see not many share this view, this rule is harmful.

        I share it. Particularly if - we keep a static board for <N> periods,
and suddenly nearly ~everyone gets kicked off for a term limit :-) it
seems silly to me.

        I am sure the electorate (and the type of job) will ensure a turn-over
of people; at least the GNOME foundation when created had a good amount
of board turnover, with people serving - realising it was a lot of work,
admin, and so on, and then passing it on to someone else. My greater
concern is to ensure that we have short enough terms, that people who
carry the burden can see the end of it :-) - ergo my love of one year
terms, all re-elected concurrently (for fairness).

        HTH,

                Michael (reviewing the text & comments now).

--
 michael.me...@novell.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot