Dear friends,

The Steering Committee would like to provide you an update regarding
the status of the establishment of our Foundation.

We have spent quite some time evaluating the legal, fiscal, financial
and practical options that were available to us. Assessing these took
us considerable efforts and the involvement of lawyers we would like to
thank.

We finally came to the following decision. We will incorporate a
Foundation in Germany (called "Stiftung" in German) in early 2011. A
german foundation will provide us with many advantages of various
kinds, among them, 100% tax-deductible donations.

In order to incorporate there we will however need some initial capital
and resources (around fifty thousand (50,000) Euros). If we do not
manage to collect this sum in a reasonable amount of time, we will
switch to our second best option and incorporate a charity in the
United Kingdom, which is much cheaper.

We will of course keep you updated. Meanwhile, the donations to the
German OOoDEV association are still accepted and much welcome !

The last days of 2010 will be busy with Season's Holidays as well as
the release of LibreOffice 3.3 and the LibreOffice website.

Until 2011, we wish you all the best for the New Year.

On behalf of The Document Foundation Steering Committee,
--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-Founder & Steering Committee Member,