Hi Tom!

Am Mittwoch, den 22.12.2010, 10:33 +0000 schrieb Tom Davies:
> Hi David :)
>
> I prefer
> http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/bbnG0Hny0SpccJIZsGp72A?feat=directlink
> because it has less information and looks prettier.
>
> Sadly, that seems to be what people want.  Information confuses people and
> seems
> to need to be on subsequent pages.  Also the picture on

Well, there is no "the people" ... there are people having different
requirements and living/working in different environments. Some guys
want to have in-depth information in advance, some consume basic
information and just want to give things a try.

Thus, it is not about hiding information, but to provide it step-by-step
- managing the concept what people can grasp. That is why I think that
we miss the requirements of quite some users at the moment ...

> http://test.libreoffice.org
> took ages to appear and people don't seem to have patience beyond a couple of
> milliseconds and when it appeared the first image was 'horribly' complicated.
>
> Isn't it a gif?  Could it be less size byte-wise?

Same for me ...

> By contrast competitors websites show almost nothing and give almost no
> information.  [...]
>
> I do think both are great and both do the job of easy access to the download.
>
> The text needs to be somewhere on the site and preferably just 1 click away
> or
> reached when the page is scrolled down, something easy.

Yep.

> I would say keep the one we have already or switch to the one that is closest
> completion whichever one that is.

I'd say ... whatever helps us to satisfy the needs of the majority of
our users. So even if it might take some additional work, it seems worth
the effort.

> Regards from
> Tom :)
>
> PS this is only my opinion and i might be a little bitter and twisted nowadays

Sorry to hear that :-\

Cheers,
Christoph