I second your concerns on this. Are there guidelines set down in regards to self hosted servers?

On 01/17/2011 02:37 PM, Florian Effenberger wrote:
Hello,

I received a request to connect an external Alfresco site to one of our domain names. Apart from the concern that the workflow hadn't been defined (why now Alfresco?), I'm a bit sceptical to connecting external servers to our domain name, because they are associated with us and thus cause liability issues.

My "policy" would be:

* hosted services (like the blog, or probably Google Apps) should can be connected at LibO or TDF domain names if they are from trustworthy sources

* self-hosted servers can only be connected if they are in our infrastructure management and fit our security requirements

Thoughts on that?

Florian