Hi,

Norbert Thiebaud wrote on 2011-04-28 15.31:
not to nit-pick, but I've just re-read the ByLaws, and nothing in
there require member of the ESC to be Member of the Foundation.

my take would indeed to have that requirement that ESC members need to be approved members, out of two reasons:

1. As the ESC has quite a lot of influence, it should ideally be composed of people deeply involved in LibreOffice.

2. We want to have a broad member base. Requiring to be a member in order to be part of the ESC might make the membership more attractive for developers.

As we already have an ESC in place, I guess it should be rather easy to approve the seat holders as members?

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108