On 01/02/2013 02:47 AM, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 4:23 AM, Tom Davies <tomdavie...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Hi :)
but there are times
when a vote needs to be taken anonymously.
Can you give a concrete example of such time ? I mean for a BoD vote.
note: there is a distinction between private deliberation, temporarily
non-public and 'anonymous' BoD vote.
I can think of cases where the 2 former are justified or necessary,
for privacy concern or legal reasons... but I can't think of a case
where the later would be justified.

Norbert.

I'm wondering if this would cause a "group think" mentality within the BoD. I know that if a name is public, being the only dissenter might dissuade a current or future BoD from dissenting. Ultimately I'm wondering how much adding names helps the project move forward. I know that we adhere to a very open policy but with voting, sometimes anonymous really encourages the best deliberation.

Best Regards,
Joel