Dear community,

in its last private meeting, the board of directors has made a decision I would like to share with you today.

We decided to offer Christian Lohmaier a work contract, for a limited period of one year, part-time with 20 hours per week, specifically for web development. This involves developing, enhancing and bug fixing our web applications, like our CMS system, and like the new download page.

Given TDF runs more and more applications that are critical, and has very special requirements e.g. in terms of localization and scaleability, which are not always met by the upstream products we run, several community members have proposed paying someone with development skills - especially in PHP, Python, Perl, C, C++, Java - to implement those requests.

After careful research, the board has come to the decision that hiring Christian Lohmaier on a part-time, time-limited basis specifically for these development tasks is the most economical solution, and will provide huge benefits to the wider community. Code produced will, wherever possible, be also filed upstream, to the benefit of the open source products we use.

Christian has been around for many years, contributing a lot especially to our web applications, and the board is looking forward to have a fixed amount of his time in the future.

The total costs for TDF, including dues employer, translate to approximately 25.000 € per year.

After the contract has been drafted now and sent to the board in private, I hereby ask the board to

1. vote on hiring Christian Lohmaier, for a limited period of one year, part-time with 20 hours per week, specifically for web development, at costs not exceeding 25.000 € per year,

2. authorize Thorsten Behrens and me to sign the work contract on behalf of TDF

Looking forward to working with Christian!
Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108