Dear Community, Members of the TDF, and Membership Committee,

I'd like to hereby state that I'll be running again for a Board of
Directors seat with The Document Foundation.

My name is Thorsten Behrens, I'm 39 years old, and for my
contributions here at TDF, I'm unaffiliated. In my day job, I'm a
Linux engineer at SUSE.

My work with this project and codebase started in 2001 (with the
then-OpenOffice.org community), which we then jointly took and founded
TDF & LibreOffice in 2010. Since then, I was serving in various roles,
including my current one in the Board of Directors.

Why am I running?

Since the announcement of TDF, and after the Foundation came to life,
we've covered so much ground, and jointly achieved so much, that I'm
incredibly proud of what we have today. Out of nothing, all of you
have created an organisation that attracts unprecedented contribution
to and around a code base, others have labelled intractable &
unattractive for mere volunteers. That is fun to work for, and not
only generates enough voluntary donations to pay the occasional travel
and server, but now permits us to start hiring staff.

I'd like to offer my help pushing things even further for the next two
years, and apart from that continue doing what I did so far: having
eyes and ears open for the community, run things like accounting &
taxes (or at least oversee outsourcing that properly), and help with
the largely-German administrative grunt work.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten