Hi all,

I would like to announce my candidacy to the Membership Committee of The
Document Foundation.

The Membership Committee is an important part of the structure of TDF,
and I would like to serve there, to maintain the high standard, and
diversity that we have among members.

I already have experience with selecting applications, as I am a member
of the Certification Committee that selects the Certified Developers.  I
believe that this ongoing responsibility will help me if I manage to
convince you, the members, that I am the right choice for the Membership
Committee.

I am primarily a developer, who loves improving the User Interface, and
works mostly on interoperability for a living (and love that too,
actually).  I am with LibreOffice from the very beginning, and have been
involved with OOo previously - I have started contributing in 2003, more
than 11 years ago.  Over the years, I worked on the KDE integration (my
first contribution), 64bit porting, DOCX export, git conversion, many
User Interface-related hacks, and various other things.

I am always trying to reach out to other groups, too.  I did quite some
translations to my native language (Czech), and work with the designers.
In marketing, I am managing our AdWords.  I am a regular Google Summer
of Code mentor; my recent students for example implemented the new Start
Center.

Full name: Jan Holešovský

IRC nick / people know me as: kendy

Email: ke...@collabora.com

Corporate affiliation: Collabora

~75 words candidacy statement:

"I'd like to serve in the Membership Committee, because I have a good
overview of what TDF and LibreOffice is, and where it is heading. I am
with LibreOffice from the very beginning, and was with OOo previously;
now for more than 11 years. I am primarily a developer, but reach out to
the other groups too – I've been translating to Czech, work with the
designers, and in marketing. I am a regular GSoC mentor."

That's it about me - if you need to know more, please do ask!

All the best,
Kendy