Hi,
I would like to propose three items for the agenda of the next BoD Call:

KNOWING ABOUT THE COMMUNITY

I propose to extend the website www.documentfoundation.org under the COMMUNITY menu item to enable TDF members to input into the system all activities a member is carrying out in terms of classes, tutorials, seminars, hackfests, conferences and big events related to the Foundation (mainly
LibreOffice but also other projects, possibly, in the near future).

An easy page where the TDF Member can provide all informations and possibly additional material (slides, photo, posters, etc). Therefore, it may have heavy requirements in terms of disk usage.

The info should then be linked to Bjorn's dashboard project on order to facilitate the Membership Committee and the Board to have the idea of what the members are doing in a given period of time. It can be also linked to the beautiful (sensing) map the Marketing Group used for advertising LibO 5.1, so that a generic visitor clicking on a given portion of the map may know the number of TDF Members, the
summary of the initiatives carried out in a given period, etc.

I'm confident such information will be tremendously useful in the future.

HELPING NEWB DEVELOPERS
---------------------------------------
(Ian involved)

I propose to set up a training environment from where a newbie eager to contribute to LibreOffice can practice, without getting lost in the series of steps required to activate a local environment from where the source
code can be compiled.

The proper environment will be set up later, once the newbie got to know how developers of LibreOffice are
used to work.

INVOLVING UNIVERSITIES

I propose to establish a sort of standard agreement with the interested Universities worldwide, a sort of partnership we will advertise also in the website, that will facilitate the collaboration of Students and Teachers fan of LibreOffice
with the Foundation.

Initially we may launch a marketing action, then we'll leave the call open.

We may also think to an easy logo such Universities may add to their websites to show that they are strongly supporting
LibreOffice and Open Document Formats.

--Osvaldo

--
Osvaldo Gervasi, Member of the Board of Directors