Hi Sam,

I was there in the meeting too, just like many of the marketing meetings in the
past.  I have  regularly attended the marketing meeting, no matter the heated
ones like yesterday, or small ones with only three people including me.

Before this marketing meeting, there has been some discussion / debate / even
argue around some related topics in the Board.  Of course we would like to make
some concrete plan but unfortunately some volunteer board members who would
like to push these things forward were criticized as poor options for doing so,
so eventually we decide to ask for Italo's expert to write the draft of this
marketing plan and publicly discuss it with the members.

But, from another aspect, I totally agree with your concern about coordinating
between the Board, staff and community.  As what I've mentioned in my statement
running for the board, in my concept the Board is not the leader of the
community.  Of course the Board needs to make decision and take the
responsibility, but it should act more like a platform, allowing many members
even staffs showing their thoughts even experts.  That is one important reason
why we make the board meeting more public and decide to make the topics we
discussed in the public section as default unless it meets some requirements to
be private.  The only thing I insist when trying to make as many people as
possible to show their opinions is that everyone should respect other people,
and their different thoughts and comments.

Of course such concepts may differ even conflict with the basic concepts of
other board member, I don't really know if any.  But anyway in this term, as a
member of the board, I'm happy to see that more community members showed their
comments and thoughts.  The Board's responsibility is to make it a workable and
concrete plan so maybe not all the thoughts from the community will be taken;
but at least I hope that the community members can see the changes of the board
we're doing hard -- the board is trying to be more open, friendly, and get
closer to our community friends.

Regards,
Franklin

--
Franklin Weng
Deputy Chairman, Board of Director & Member, Certification Committee