Dear board members,

I ask you to remove the label "Personal Edition" and related texts from LibreOffice version 7.0.

Reasons:
All terms similar to "personal", "individual" or "private" are bad. Whether LibreOffice will find a strong distribution depends not on the actual license, but on the first impression about the allowed usage.

Expressions such as "personal", "individual" or "private" exclude use in the field of education, for associations and non-profit organizations and for small businesses. Especially in this area it can be assumed that there is no deeper knowledge about licenses. Here the text when starting the software is crucial.

The term "edition" alone is not the problem, but the composition as "Personal Edition". To distinguish this version of LibreOffice from other versions, it should not be divided into "personal" and "non-personal", which is not allowed by the statutes.

The versions of LibreOffice are always complete, but are provided by various partners. It is the task of each partner to communicate to his prospective customers the added value of not simply taking the version of TDF and installing it. I know that such a large software project can only last if paid developers work on it. But supporting these partners by giving the impression of providing a restricted version is the wrong way.

I do not like that this label was introduced in a beta version three weeks before the release. I would have preferred it if you had called the community to come up with ideas.

Kind regards
Regina