Hi Thorsten,
Le 14/01/2022 à 16:00, Thorsten Behrens a écrit :
> Hi Sophie,
>
> a bit sad to read your rather disappointed mail -
>
> sophi wrote:
>> I don't read only about products, but about sharing, empowering of
>> people, solidarity and creativity, all in the FLOSS spirit. TDF for me
>> is not only hosting a product, but has a culture, has a knowledge, has a
>> lot of creative people around, meaning we have a lot of resources, but
>> we have done nothing to share them during the critical period families
>> and students were fronting.
>>
> Beyond continued development & offering of LibreOffice - what could we
> have done in addition? I'm honestly interested in ideas & suggestions.

- partnering with CHATONS (or whoever) to offer LOOL instances when
teachers was in cruel lack of such resources
- put a dedicated prominent help channel for things like PDF forms, how
to install LO on various tablets, Chromebook, phone (I know several
pupils doing their homework on phones during lockdown)
- approach other communities to put resources in common
- we know how to work on a remote mode, we could shared our knowledge
- what was the most lacking were collaborative tools like etherpad,
jitsi, etc. that we could have propose to some selected schools for example
This is just on top of my head. And of course, this could have been
temporary solutions to help during the crisis.
One of the thing that I've done an continue to is the the collaboration
with UBO and fictitious translation agencies for their students to be
able to realize their internship and get their curriculum completed.
I'm sure others have also a lot of ideas on what could have been done by
us as a community.
Cheers
Sophie