On Thu, 2022-04-28 at 20:27 +0200, Andreas Mantke wrote:
> it may be good to know why there are the need for two members from
> one ecosystem company? Has no other individual contributors or
> ecosystem system members shown interest to participate in the ESC?
>
> The ESC should represent a wide diversity of the ecosystem and the
> interests of its members (individual and organizations). Thus every
> organization (aside maybe from TDF) should only hold one seat in the
> ESC.

The text of proposed changes is a diff against the current list
available in the link at the top of the original mail, just in case the
text reads as if the proposed changes are the full ESC complement.
There is (and here proposed to still be) 5 TDF employees, 5 Collabora,
3 allotropia, 3 Red Hat and 6 other Individual or single company
employees on the ESC giving IMO a fairly broad representation of
ESC-relevant skills and insights. I wouldn't welcome dropping 8 (or 12)
members and lose out on that.