Hi all,

just to let you know that this time I'm the one that voted -1 for quite a few reasons.

As for the LOOL archival vote, for which I refused to vote, I see similar issues:     - discussion period of 24h too short as it covers one working day where people are busy with their day job     - Objection and comments disregarded by the proponent during the discussion period     - Objection and comments disregarded by the proponent also in the vote process     - Most push backs from objections coming from representatives of publishers of their own products based on LibreOffice     - No evaluation or statements of potential CoIs have been made so not clear if publishers should have voted abstain     - IMHO the chairman, as director of a company publishing its own products based on LibreOffice, should have declared a potential CoI and let the vice-chairman deal with the evaluation and inclusions of comments to make sure the process is seen by all as fully impartial regardless of actual CoIs being present or not.

Here we have also the additional issue that it is not clear what we have voted for as there hasn't been a proper discussion on the implications of the vote.

Eg. is the price set by previous licensees right for TDF, what entitlements does it include, shouldn't we have done at least some testing with a free version, etc..

I have shared many questions with the board which hopefully will soon receive answers so that the situation will be clearer.

While it's since 2020 that I push for TDF to publish LibreOffice in the app stores, and I believe we should have (also) a paid version, I can't +1 that text as the issues it might bring have not been clarified.

Ciao

Paolo

Hello,

the following decision, which was taken in private on 2022-07-11, is now made public in accordance with our statutes.

The Board of Directors at the time of voting consists of 7 seat
holders (not including deputies). In order to be quorate, the vote
needs to have 1/2 or more of the Board of Directors members, which
gives 4.

A total of 5 Board of Directors members have participated in the vote.

The vote is quorate.

Result of vote: 4 approvals, 0 abstain, 1 disapproval.

**Decision: The proposal has been accepted.**

Participants to the vote were (in alphabetical order):

Caolán, Cor, László, Paolo, Thorsten

Thorsten Behrens wrote:

Dear board,

thanks for the feedback, was good to let the discussion run for a bit
longer. I'm putting this for an email vote now, lasting the usual 72
hours from now on (such that directors on vacation can participate):

Motion:

   TDF to offer LibreOffice as a paid product in both Apple's Mac Store,
   as well as Microsoft's Windows Store. Initial prices to be taken from
   the last offers the ecosystem licensees had set, with regular
   reporting and reviews to the board (at least quarterly).

This is the first step to get the apps out. Oversight group, further
work, marketing & development needs we should discuss in the following
weeks.

Florian

--
Paolo Vecchi - Member of the Board of Directors