Hi Andreas, all.

So sorry to have to keep repeating this, but the error it relates to is
still being repeated without regard to my earlier explanations.

On Sat, Oct 29, 2022 at 9:07 PM Andreas Mantke <ma...@gmx.de> wrote:

> If board members (with a CoI themselves on this topic) think, another
> board member has a CoI on this topic too, then only two board members
> are left.

Independently of any investigation, the owner and director of Omnis Cloud
Sarl clearly has an interest in this topic as the company offers hosting of
NextCloud and OwnCloud for clients according to
https://omniscloud.eu/open-source-platforms/ and may be a partner of the
related companies according to https://omniscloud.eu/ - whether it creates
a conflict with his role at TDF is a matter for him to decide.

> If you have a look into the statutes of TDF you'll find out  that it is
> necessary that at least the half of the board could attend the meeting.
> The half of the board are four members. Thus the board is not quorate
> and could not decide on this topic.

This is not so; all of these five directors are free to participate if they
believe they should and there is no breach of trust on their part. *Having
an interest to declare is not the same as having a conflict of interest* no
matter how often the implication is made that having an interest is
disqualifying. If all of these directors believe their employers' interests
- which are clearly well understood - can be held in balance with their
personal elected role at TDF then the onus is on an accuser to demonstrate
why it is impossible for them to balance their work life and private life
in this case.

So far I have not seen any attempt by anyone to demonstrate why all these
five directors are in breach of trust over the well-understood interests. I
suggest you do so before you repeat calls to exclude elected directors from
TDF's business.

Regards

Simon
--