Hi all,

just a few comments.

On 19/11/2022 22:10, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
Hi all,

Andreas Mantke wrote:
I read about the decision to create a new CoC committee from community
members
(https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/2022/msg01000.html).

Just to insert here, that the new CoC process is, in my mind,
unambiguously positive, and I'm very happy about the enlarged group of
people handling it.

And the board really decided instead of involving this own CoC committee
to throw a lot of _donation_ money on contracting an external
'communication expert' (they are regularly very expensive)?

That is not what happens.
That is actually what happened.

  A CoC verdict was not accepted by one of the
parties, so the board is now getting neutral, external expertise.
I'm the party that didn't accept the verdict as this case has been handled directly by the boar and led by a director that hasn't demonstrated a great deal of objectivity and impartiality toward me.

There are 2 votes related to this issue that haven't been published yet. I believe they should be published ASAP to clarify a bit the situation and to allow the board to provide some explanations.

There's added value, in that arguably a completely external view on
our interactions (board and elsewhere) can only improve how we
collectively work.
I've actually requested to have the case reviewed by the new CoC Team to serve as a good learning exercise also for the board, which handled the case against me, to recognise and avoid the mistakes made. That's where the added value is.

Rest assured, I would have preferred to avoid both the challenging
situation, as well as any extra work (or expense).
You had the option of supporting my request of handing over the case to our trusted CoC Team but for some reasons you refused.

I'm curious about a detailed explanation from the board, why the own TDF
CoC committee is incompetent for the handling of the situation.

That framing is untrue, and offensive towards the volunteers in the
committee.
I've asked for clear explanations for the board's behaviour as well but never got a meaningful answer.

Looking forward to understand more about what has driven some members of the board in taking that odd and unexplained decision.
Best,

-- Thorsten
Ciao

Paolo

--
Paolo Vecchi - Member of the Board of Directors