John Mark, Shanley & I agreed that launching the certification program
should be our top priority, and we would like to aim for the Cloud Connect
conference in Santa Clara the week after next (there was a suggestion of a
Valentines Day reference which I'm on the fence about).

Ultimately both the Open Cloud Principles and the application of them to
cloud products and services should be subject to (separate) community
consensus processes, which I believe should be modeled after that of the
Open Source Initiative: http://www.opensource.org/approval

Shanley has already done some great work on a document describing the
process so the main deliverables would be to agree to it, as well as the
associated technical process. Currently we're using Rackspace Cloud Sites
(thanks RAX!) but this lacks the ability to host mailing lists and we
should avoid proprietary services like Google Groups, for obvious reasons.
Mozilla use Bugzilla for the CA inclusion process (
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/certs/policy/InclusionPolicy.html)
which has the advantage of tracking the applications and keeping them
delineated, allowing them to be resumed in future (by reopening/referencing
bugs) and delivering a higher level of service. It may also avoid the
requirement for running a mail and/or list server.

In any case, those responsible for running the services (John Mark & I
currently) should be involved in the technical decision, and there should
be a high barrier for complicated or proprietary systems. A MediaWiki wiki
could also be a good option — it is used very effectively for Wikipedia
related discussions.

Kind regards,

Sam