Hello All,

Hmm... perhaps I should have stated it another way.

The meter works, I have sold tubes tested on this machine with no
complaints/negative feedbacks, and what tested low/medium/high on this unit
tested low/medium/high on other units I use.  What I should have stated was I
never used the voltmeter, etc., functions so I am not sure I would trust those
readings.

Thought about this some more overnight and concluded that I got my use out of
it and it has paid for itself.  Plus, the equipment shelf is crowded.

I will offer this unit for the price of packing/shipping to continental U.S.
via UPS plus a cup of coffee.  Let's assume $75 will cover the costs.  If
substantially less, I will refund the difference.  If higher, I will forego the
cup of coffee.

PayPal to w_b_mor...@hotmail.com works best.

Have a great day.

Best Regards,

William

> [...]
> less rugged Chinese version, and a four resistor network added to trick
> it up to work in place of the old one..."
>
> Based on that comment, I am not so sure I would trust the meter anyway.
> To be conservative, I will say those measurements cannot be done on this
> particular unit.  If someone really needs those functions, I can check them
> out tomorrow.
>
> Just want to be up front and open.  I do not want to misrepresent anything.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> William
>

> From: w_b_mor...@hotmail.com
> To: boatanchors@puck.nether.net
> Subject: FS:  Hickok 605A Tube Tester
> Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 00:37:47 +0000
>

> Hello All,
> I read through all of the replies to my earlier 'another store closes' email
> and I would like to do my part to support a new hobbyist or a
> club/association in their acquisition of equipment.
> I have a Hickok 605A that is surplus to my needs and is looking for a new
> home.  Photos can be seen here:
> http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/greenhorn3/library/Hickok%20605A
> Functionally, it was checked out a few years ago by William Waters, the
> 'Hickok Doc' ( ts6...@yahoo.com , 301-473-5950 ), and has worked fine for me.
>  As you can see in the pictures the outer case will not win any beauty
> pageants but the control panel is pretty clean.
> I have attached the edited email chain relating to the work that was done.
> The excerpt is found between the chain of asterisks (*).
> I am not looking to get rich by selling this and I am certainly not looking
> to make anyone bust a budget.  Would $150, including USPS pack/ship, be ok?
> If you want to pay more, feel free to donate the difference to a worthy
> cause.  I will include any of the original paperwork that I can find as well.
> Thank you for your consideration.
> Best Regards,
> William
>

> ***********Hello William,Thank you very much for the detailed report.  It is
> very satisfying to see the information point by point.I would like to request
> the following:All numbered items:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6Lettered Options:  C, D,
> E, F, G, H, JThanks Again and Best Regards,WilliamDate: Tue, 25 Oct 2011
> 18:50:13 -0700From: ts6550@yahoo.comSubject: Re: Hickok 605A Shipped to
> YouTo: w_b_morton@hotmail.comDate: revised 10/25/11    Note:   Below is the
> report on your tube tester. It is very detailed, in order to allow you to
> choose what, if any, work and available options you wish done following the
> evaluation, and have a complete picture of it's condition before deciding on
> same.. Some items may not be of concern to you, but are mentioned for
> completeness. A summary is given at the end. If repairs are wanted, they must
> include at least the items listed in the "minimum" category.This includes
> only basic items w/o which there is no point in servicing the tester at all,
 ub
>  e Tester Evaluation ReportOwner: William MortonMake and Model: Hickok
> 650AItems Supplied:  manual copy, one homemade cap lead
>       Symptom : evaluate  A detailed evaluation ( at standard  $49.50 fee -
> (ALREADY PREPAID )  is given below. ( price  for  each item below includes
> both part(s) and labor)                      A. Case/Hardware/ Mechanical:
> strain relief on previously replaced power cord can short  to circuitry  (1)
> fix $2). Whomever made the cap lead did not realize that (A)  making it twice
> as long, can cause oscilltaions / erroneous readings for some classes of
> tubes such as power types (B) unlike the original, it won't fit more than
> half the listed tube types (C) bending over the end of the lead , instead of
> using the proper connector , does not provide a reliable connection. I  make
> and can supply a proper one which fits all tubes and has original type much
> heavier and more flexible wire ( the unit was originally furnished with two -
> but a seco
 nd