Well, shazaam --
There's an article by WB4OGM in the latest (Oct. 16) ER that describes the AT-1 meter in detail, but (I haven't read it in detail) doesn'tseem to fix the old gripe other than to say that in the AT-1, at least, there is one switch posn that disconnects the meter. He say that it's not really a "moving vane" meter as is usually claim, but is a "moving magnet" movement, but they both have about the same characteristic overshoot. IIRC several of the early Heath xmtrs had the same type meter, I built one of the first DX-35's and griped abt it then.
73,

Al, W8UT
www.boatanchors.org
www.hammarlund.info

"There is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much
worth doing as simply messing about in boats"
Ratty, to Mole