What penalty, lowered daily quota? You have no idea how easy it is to make the
server think I'm a new host.

Once, LHC was giving 2 tasks per request, and requested a delay of 10 minutes
between requests. If you forced an update before the 10 minutes passed, it
replied "last RPC too recent" and didn't give you work. By making it think I
was a new host, the server thought it was my first request ever and gave me 2
more tasks.

And it's not like adding a request/offer/accept facility to the protocol
implies there will be a wizard in the GUI to automatically reject workunits
with X characteristics. They'd have to edit the client code to (ab)use the
protocol that way. And if people can do that, they might as well implement an
auto-task-aborter *now*.