El Martes 16 Jun 2009 11:28:07 Milo Thurston escribió:
> > and the scheduler, validator and assimilator can see files uploaded
> > via the other server,
>
> Do you mind if I ask for clarification of what you mean in this case?

The "normal" way things work is: When a client reports a task, the scheduler
needs to confirm that it already uploaded the output files. Then the
validator needs to check if the uploaded files are valid, and, if there is
replication, compare them to other results from the same workunit. Finally
the assimilator has to read the files to make them do something useful for
the project, like putting the results into a database.

A lot of this may be different for CPDN, because of trickles. I obviously have
no idea how *your* backend stuff works ;)

No matter what server handles the file upload, the other daemons need access
to the uploaded files. I don't really know how things have to be setup if you
have more than one upload server. I guess it would easily work if all write
to the same filesystem (which of course may be in a huge RAID of many disks).