My apologies - I gave Bernd that impression on the strength of
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/trac/changeset/17399

and lines 1143-1158 of the current (trunk) client_state.cpp

Changeset 17399 contains
#define ERR_UNSTARTED_LATE  -233

which again appears in current code, but appears not to be listed on that
Wiki page.