Rom Walton, from the other thread:
"I've held off putting this into 7.2 for now.  It turns out that
detecting the CPU instruction set is only half of the problem.

We are in the process of getting an updated toolchain for building on
Windows which will allow us to detect if the OS is properly
saving/restoring the new registers on a thread context switch."
(http://lists.ssl.berkeley.edu/pipermail/boinc_dev/2013-August/020264.html)

Rom Walton, from the other thread:
"We are in the process of updating our Windows toolchain to a more
recent version of Visual Studio.

It isn't enough to just check if the instruction set is present, we
also need to check whether the OS is saving and restoring the
registers as well.  That required a more recent assembler than what we
are currently
using.

Once we have the updated toolchain we will finish up with the rest of
the detection and get it ported over to the 7.2 branch."
(http://lists.ssl.berkeley.edu/pipermail/boinc_dev/2013-August/020316.html)

--
-- Jord van der Elst.