From: boinc_dev [mailto:boinc_dev-boun...@ssl.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of
fabien monnier
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 4:39 PM
To: Boinc_Dev mailing list
Subject: [boinc_dev] Building Boinc wrapper for android + Advises for
GPGPU computing on Android with Boinc

Dear Boinc Dev community,
First thank you to have created this useful platform.

I am setting up my own Boinc server to resolve some scientific problems.
I want to target Android only devices for some reasons.

It is a little complicated to rewrite my application with Boic_API so I
would use my current binary that read a file.in file as a data input and
write the result in a file.out file as a data output.

I have some difficulties to get the android wrapper built.
Can someone help me ?

Actually I use pthread to boost my application, as my algorithms can be
spread to an unlimited number of parallel compute unit, I would extend
the computation to the GPU of Android devices.
Does someone have an idea of the best way to do it ? Should I write a
binary with RenderScript or OpenCL ? What are your recommendations ? Is
there any other way ?

Thank you for your time.

--
Best regards,