We'll investigate getting this setup.

----- Rom

-----Original Message-----
From: boinc_dev [mailto:boinc_dev-boun...@ssl.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Filip
Rydlo
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2015 12:30 PM
To: BOINC-dev email list
Subject: Re: [boinc_dev] Official GitHub mirror?

me too!

I would welcome this  very very much!
This would let me  experiment and make the Grand *redesign* of the advanced
view's  "Tasks" tab.

         Not only the  columns will be  "checkable"   which are to be
displayed  and their  *order* can be  selected by the user in the GUI,  but
the user  will be able to  *CREATE* and save/load   *several*  "profiles"
!!  So that he / she  does NOT need to change it manually whenever he / she
needs to  "switch" to different point of view  to solve / check  different
issues  / idling cores / GPUs  etc... resource-share / backup projects....
also the ordering will be much more  optional  and will remember up to 5
columns   by which it will  sort  - sorting order of the columns will also
be saved/loaded in the *profile*. :)

*         This should make the LIFE of many scientists and power-users much
much easier!*

         It will take me some time, however .... I will  *design*  the
internal  (optimal / ideal)   API for this  with   "Apiary"  and API
Blueprint tools ... then I will create a good WRAPPER which will kinda
"isolate" me from the *awful  wxWidget low-level code*    and then ...  it
is EASY -----  "The path ahead is clear. ..." ! :-)

         So, thats the plan. What do You say?

(attending  in person  the meetup  in Prague  ... which is a workshop for the
Apiary + API Blueprint ! So I will know to use  them *directly from
their author*!!   Hopefully, it will be enough-GREAT a lecture.   Wish me
luck - I need to learn this really  *WELL* if I am to use it inside of BOINC
Manager ;) )

*Namaste*
Filip