Thanks for the pointer.  I'll see what I can do.

----- Rom

-----Original Message-----
From: boinc_dev [mailto:boinc_dev-boun...@ssl.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Juha
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 4:01 PM
To: BOINC Developers Mailing List <boinc_dev@ssl.berkeley.edu>
Subject: [boinc_dev] winbuild

Hi

The dependency stores are rather large, 2 GB for vs2010 and 650 MB for vs2013.
The size combined with the poor download rate of 100 kB/s makes cloning them
take forever, five hours for vs2010.

Considering that there's unlikely much need for the old library versions one
might try cloning only the HEAD of the repo. Unfortunately that doesn't
work:

git clone --depth 1
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/git/boinc_depends_win_vs2010.git
Cloning into 'boinc_depends_win_vs2010'...
fatal: dumb http transport does not support --depth

It wouldn't be much use for me any more but I'm sure the next person to think
about hacking BOINC would appreciate if you supported Git's smart http
transport.

-Juha