Additional:
The vertical scroll bar in the code window is of no use when the box length
grows to whatever the vertical length of the log/text/code is and the
vertical scroll bar of the browser is used instead. So while the scroll in
both x and y directions is set to overflow, it won't work in the vertical
because no boundary is set to the box size in that direction. Of course, a
box size of max 800px in the horizontal is just too small, on any monitor
these days. Can't that be set to a percentage of the user's screen
resolution?

-- Jord van der Elst.