Please create a github issue.
I won't have time to look at this soon but maybe someone else can.
-- David

On 12/13/2016 8:41 AM, Christian Beer wrote:
On 13.12.2016 17:01, Adrian Worley wrote:
Good day,

I have discovered a problem at the pogs project, the discussion of the problem
seems to imply that the problem is a BOINC problem, not a pogs problem, so I
feel it correct to ask here.
I found the problem whilst checking some result times. It appeared that my very
fast machine was being seriously outperformed by some much older systems. They
have done some investigating and found some very odd figures in their database.
My machine returned a work unit in 6:47 my wingman in 2:09 - yet taking the
recorded start and end times, these figures cannot be correct,
My machine    05:07:18 to 07:22:03
My wingman  01:04:17 to 05:23:31
Suggestions have been made suggesting problems with the way BOINC calculates
these values, however, I have not seen this kind of thing at any of the other
15 projects my machine is connected too. Are there any known faults or issues
within BOINC that could /sometimes/ account for these reults?
Med venlig hilsen,
Adrian Worley.
Here is some more information:

Original discussion on POGS:
https://pogs.theskynet.org/pogs/forum_thread.php?id=758

Wrapper output of the task with high runtime:
http://pogs.theskynet.org/pogs/result.php?resultid=77706342 or
http://pogs.theskynet.org/pogs/result.php?resultid=78451868

The task seems to be a bundle of 21 separate calls to a legacy
application. The wrapper outputs the CPU time of each call. In this
example the last of those calls is reported to have taken 376,761 sec
CPU time when according to the timestamps it only took about 6 minutes
real time. The overall elapsed time is reported as 24,442 sec and
overall cpu time is 195,536 sec.

07:11:14 (7772): wrapper: running ./fit_sed (20 filters.dat observations.dat)
07:16:38 (7772): ./fit_sed exited; CPU time 319.984375
07:16:38 (7772): wrapper: running ./fit_sed (21 filters.dat observations.dat)
07:22:02 (7772): ./fit_sed exited; CPU time 376761.640625
07:22:02 (7772): wrapper: running ./concat (21 output.fit)
07:22:03 (7772): ./concat exited; CPU time 0.000000
07:22:03 (7772): called boinc_finish(0)
This is client 7.6.22/7.6.33 one Windows 8.1 Core using wrapper 7.5.26014.

There is also an example where the miscalculated cpu time is not the
last call: http://pogs.theskynet.org/pogs/result.php?resultid=78432167

It would be nice to know if this happens only sometimes or just in
combination with other things. The POGS Admins should be able to gather
some data from their DB and find correlations. I'm not sure if they read
this list so someone may need to convey this information.

There is a newer wrapper available but as far as I can see none of the
commits mention cpu time fixes.

Regards
Christian