Hey,

I attended the BOINC workshop and gave a presentation about gridcoin, see:
https://youtu.be/_oJOqeKB-lM

During my presentation I mentioned the need for improving BOINC account
ownership proof by introducing a scrapable user data field to the profile.
During the hackday, concerns were raised that by storing data on the BOINC
servers additional risk was being placed upon the boinc servers.

After the workshop, I took the comments into account and created an openssl
signing function to prove within any external system that you are the owner of
an UserID for an individual BOINC project, without storing any external system
data within the BOINC project's servers (besides the php page and additional
keys).

I have produced a pull request:
https://github.com/BOINC/boinc/pull/2134

I would greatly appreciate comments and peer review of this PR.

Best regards,
CM.