I think it's better to think of Simple View and Advanced View as being two
different programs, which don't inherit each others screen attributes.

    On Saturday, 4 November 2017, 19:32, Juha Sointusalo
<juha.sointus...@gmail.com> wrote:

 On 4 November 2017 at 21:11, Chris Raisin <crai...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> All other switches of view keep the BOINC Manager on the screen currently
> in use, only switching to either
>
> “Simple View” or “Advanced View” sends the Manager careering back to the
> Main Screen. If this switch of views does
> that, why don’t all changes of views (such as changing to Statistics or
> back to Tasks) also do this?

 Technicalities I think: the Simple View and Advanced View are different
windows and the Manager checks window's position when it's just about to
show it.

-Juha