If the project sets <debug_version_select> they'll see info in
the scheduler log that will clarify what's happening.

-- David

On 11/11/2017 2:03 PM, TarotApprentice wrote:

Since the message below I have found the below config_aux entry. I have asked the project admin what values he has set. Other users have suggested its taking 1024 tasks before trying a different app. Other than this is there anything else the project admin can do so it tries the various apps more quickly?

MarkJ

<version_select_random_factor>X</version_select_random_factor>
    In predicting which app version will be faster for a given host, multiply
the
    projected FLOPS by a uniform random variable with mean 1 and this standard
    deviation (default 0.1).

Begin forwarded message:

*From:* TarotApprentice <tarotapprent...@yahoo.com <mailto:tarotapprent...@yahoo.com>>
*Date:* 5 November 2017 at 5:08:27 pm AEDT
*To:* BOINC Alpha <boinc_al...@ssl.berkeley.edu <mailto:boinc_al...@ssl.berkeley.edu>>
*Subject:* *Project app selection reset*

I have an issue with Asteroids where the project app selection doesn’t work properly. They have 3 period search apps for the CPU, being sse2, sse3 and avx. All my x64 machines support avx as the highest instruction set available from the project. I have 4 identical Ryzen 7 Machine, two of which have received and are running the avx app. One got the sse2 and another got the sse3 app. None of them have tried the other apps according to the application details for each host.

Its not limited to AMD, I also have 8 i7’s-6700’s again identical builds and its a similar story. Six got the avx app, one the sse2 and the other one got the sse3 app. Again no history of trying the other apps to determine the one with the highest APR. For these two “slow app” machines I have detached them from the project and am waiting on their 90 days of no contact before I can delete the host before reattaching it in the hope a new host record will start with the avx app.

Is there any way to get it to try the other apps like its supposed to, or at least to reset the host app details? I have contacted the admin, Kyong but he isn’t aware of anything he can do. I have also seen other people on their message boards complaining of the same problem.

MarkJ