Maybe keep the skins directory stay? Using the same action
'action.plugins' but scan farm/skin. Then we can get the nice list of
'Available Skins', same as 'Available Plugins'.

Cheers,
linly

On Aug 30, 4:18 am, "The Editor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, more and more I'm inclined to recommend using this approach for
> skins. We could definitely simplify the code a bit--which is always
> good, and keep our development process more consistent.
>
> I should note we could also add a way to activate a skin.php file--no
> doubt a simple file like sky.php or skin.sky.php in field/config or
> better yet, farm/plugin. Then it get's turned on automatically when
> you install the skin. This could have special functions, variables,
> tabs, javascript, or whatever peculiar to the skin.
>
> How much discomfort would this cause us to switch our approach to
> skins to make it more similar to plugins?
>
> Cheers,
> Dan
>
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Linly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Dan,
>
> > I found an interesting thing that I can install a skin by using the
> > same way installing a plugin.
>
> >    * I backup all skin, css, zone pages as skin.backup;
> >    * Copy it into plugin folder like:
> >      ../boltwire/farm/plugins/skin.backup
> >    * Using action.plugins to install the 'skin.backup' file.
> >    * Open 'site.config', find the line:
> >      'skin: ', changed it as:
> >      'skin: skin'. Save the change.
> >    * Reloading the page.
>
> > And the skin will appear.
>
> > Cheers,
> > linly
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to