I'm porting a simple pseudo blog section. The page hierarchy is:

news.yyyy.mmdd

where "yyyy" is the year and "mmdd", month and day, is the page name
of every individual new.

It's easy to include into "news.2008" all that year news:

[(search group=news.2008.* template="new")]

The template includes the pages content in a blog-like way. It works
fine. But I need to include in the root page, "news", the most recent
news from all years. I have to get all "news.*.page" (third level
pages) without getting also "news.*" (second level) because If I
included the second level pages, they would include again all the news
of that year.

These tries didn't work:

[(search group=news.*.* template="new" count=10)]
[(search group=news.*.* exclude=news.* template="new" count=10)]
[(search group=news.* exclude=news.* template="new" count=10)]

Of course I can exclude the individual pages:

[(search group=news.* exclude=news.2005,news.2006,news.2007,news.2008
template="new" count=10)]

But then the code has to be updated every year and I'd rather a
maintenance free solution.

Another solution could be to mark those pages with a special data
field by modifying action.create to make it automatically, and
excluding them with the "data" parameter in the search, but it would
be a complex solution for a simple problem.

Then I had a better idea: to put a simple condition around the
template:

[if equal {+:p0} 3]
...my template...
[if]

It works! And it's maintenance free [:-)].

Anyway, is it possible to achieve the same in the search itself?

Thanks,

Marcos

--
http://alinome.net


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to