On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 3:34 AM, Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Excellent!
>
> I can do a fulltext search and return the fields I want to show.
> I do not have to know the number of row or column in advance.
> Great!
>
> Some suggestions (sorted for my own priority):
>
> - fulltext search and editing requires two steps: (1) find= and return
> id (2) use that id as pointer for the row to be edited. How can I
> chain these two steps in one function: Doing a fulltext search and get
> the result in a form to edit?

[(csv page=test.csv find="state=CA" fmt='Name: {+name}, Age: {+age}')]
[(csv page=test.csv find="3" template=csv)]

Can be used to display the entries.  If you want to have the display
be a form, you could create a template that would modify multiple
cells simultaneously. The row numbers will be passed to the template
engine as {+p}. You can use these to create multiple csvsave and
csvedit fields. Let me know if you need help.

> - is there a way to have the boolean search feature for find= too?

Anything is possible, but that is a good bit of work. I don't plan to
tackle that right now.

> - an option to define fields in the table where the delimiter is
> ignored (like "one,two" would be treated as one column):  This would
> allow free text fields in the table or merge columns.

Actually, I'm not exactly sure how to do this, though admittedly it's
a good idea.  Is there a standard for CSV files?  I've though of
changing how a row is saved, by listing the form fields for each
column and then adding " " if needed, or escaping the ',' which would
be easier. But then you might have compatibility problems if using the
csv file elsewhere.

On the other hand, the problem with " , " is that I can't run the
simple explode() function to get the columns. It's not regex function.

> - an option to define the delimiter, if delimiter=' ' take default

This is easy enough. Let me know if it's pressing and I'll see if we
can't get it taken care. I added some notes on the csv plugin page.

Cheers,
Dan

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to