> > Fourth, do we want a special csv folder for these kinds of files or should 
> > we use regular in-wiki pages?
>
> I think the regular ones would be good.

I agree regular pages are better, more versatile; the less exceptions
the better. Nevertheless I suggest to think about a dedicated branch,
i.e. pages/csv. I'm not sure about this, but I always prone to be too
organized... Of course CSV data could be in any page, but maybe for
the average user it's interesting to have a default branch bundled.
Dedicated branches make auths easier too. Though usually data bases
are common to the whole site, I think it would be useful to make them
both hierarchical and skin-dependent, like zone.*. That would be
coherent with other BoltWire components and would save a lot of [if]...
[if] while creating tricky apps. Anyway, the CSV databases won't be
always really CSV, because other separators may be used. So I wonder
if a more general name would be better, also for the suggested page
branch, maybe textdata or simply data.

This feature is very exciting, it opens the door to data exchange
without loosing simplicity, and brings a whole spectrum of new
applications.

Cheers,

Marcos

--
http://alinome.net
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to