I have made some good progress on bugs and fixes for the next release.
You can see the roadmap for details. Let me know if there are other
things you would like added before we go 3.0. Probably an option for
creole like paragraphs at least should go in.
Another project I've been putting off for a while is a revamp of the
the BOLTargs functon. If you've tinkered with it, you'll discover it
takes a string and parses the arguments in a strange way. First, a
$args[#] array is created for every element in the string. Second, any
unlabeled field values are identified with $args[''][1], $args[''][2],
etc. Of course regular labeled fields are labeled $args['field'],
$args['field2'].
I'd like to rework this to produce a greatly simplified array that
would take a string like: "some value field=1 field2=test" and
instead of generating this:
Array
(
[#] => Array
(
[0] =>
[1] => some
[2] =>
[3] => value
[4] => field
[5] => 1
[6] => field2
[7] => test
)
[] => Array
(
[0] => some
[1] => value
)
[field] => 1
[field2] => test
)
It would simply generate.
Array
(
[0] => some
[1] => value
[field] => 1
[field2] => test
)
Much simpler. I'm not sure how it would handle fields with numbers for
labels, but it should work just fine. The other thing is virtually
every plugin that parses args (many of them) would have to be updated.
Plus the entire core code would have to be updated.
This might be a thing to do for 3.0. Though I'm not keen on
maintaining two versions of plugins for 2.0 and 3.0 users. But then
again, it might not take too long to update our existing plugins...
Just thinking out loud.
I'm in the mode now for thinking about changes for 3.0 and am open to
any major changes we might want to make. When I get ready I'll pull
together a list of suggestions and present to the mailing list. But if
you want to contribute to the list, now would be a good idea to send
in your proposal. I'd like to release 3.xx for the new year if
possible. I have a bit of vacation time coming I plan to devote to
this and to the docs.
So much for now.
Cheers,
Dan
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---