Hi Dan,

You are right about Unix/Linux, you have to be root user, I can run a
script as root that does the trick, but running scripts as root can be
harmfully for your system.
I will try your suggestion to do it with a plugin, and rewrite all
files to owner nobody?
The next few days I will go trough the PHP code first.

Thanks, Okido

On Dec 21, 10:01 pm, "The Editor" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm not a big Unix guys, so don't count on my answer to this. But my
> understanding is you have to have root access to reassign
> ownership/groups. If there's a way to do it I don't know.
>
> I might suggest however that you try rewriting your script to make it
> a BoltWire function. That is, change it's name to
>
> BOLTFtiddlers ($args, $zone) {
> ...
>
> }
>
> And then put it in config.php for a moment. Better still, make it a
> plugin, and enable it on site.tiddler or whatever. (Then add it as a
> solution page). On that page, or wherever it is enabled, just put
> [(tiddlers)] and it should call your script from within BoltWire. This
> way, when they are written they have the right ownerships.
>
> Well, you can tinker with it and see if it doesn't help.
>
> Cheers,
> Dan
>
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 12:32 PM, okido <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
>
> > I made a small script to export tiddlers from Tiddlywiki to Boltwire,
> > by writting directly to the pages directory.
> > Now I noticed that I can read the pages but saving after editing does
> > not work.
> > Only after setting the file permission to 777 one can save after edit.
> > The files have different owners, can I set the ownership/group
> > somewhere in BW so that I can use files from other users than
> > *nobody* ?
>
> > Have a nice day, Okido
>
> > By the way I post this message for the 2nd time as the first one
> > appears to been lost.
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to