Great thanks Dan,

The utf-8 tagging is worked, partly. About displaying the utf-8 tags
it worked perfect. But in "action.tag.missing" display it decodes not
right. I got an url like this:

http://localhost/?p=tag._c3_a6_c2_a8_c2_99_c3_a7_c2_b1_c2_a4

It's not %encoding. :(

> At least the possibility now seems within reach as long as
> you don't mind LONG urls!

Yes that is the cost I have to pay.

Chees,
linly

On 2月11日, 上午1時49分, The Editor <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Linly, I forgot that the BOLTutfstrip function only strips little
> things like accents and circumflexes off latin based letters, not
> full-fledge chinese characters!
>
> But I looked into the % encoding scheme a bit more and came up with a
> workable solution for you. And it may open the way for UTF page names
> as well. At least the possibility now seems within reach as long as
> you don't mind LONG urls! We already have simple stripping of links.
> We could beef it up to handle this kind of encoding
> automatically--both in the page shortcuts and in the {p} var
> generation, to make this almost seamless and transparent. That will be
> a bigger project, but I don't see why we can't do it.
>
> Anway, the solution requires the new UTF plugin I just released
> (formerly code that was in the library but not used in the system
> anywhere...) and a few changes to the info tagging markups. See this
> link for details--go down to the bottom of the page.
>
> http://www.boltwire.com/index.php?p=solutions.links.infotags
>
> I just did some quick testing, but it seems to work. Please do the
> ground work of letting me know if we need to fix anything. If all goes
> smoothly, I'll look into adding more automatic filtering of url's into
> the core code to give us more universal UTF8 handling. Perhaps going
> with straight %encoding most likely.
>
> Cheers,
> Dan
>
> P.S. I'll be releasing the next upgrade momentarily. You might want to
> wait for that, though I don't know there's anything dependent on it in
> the core.
>
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Linly <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Sorry Dan, bad luck. I use the newest 2.39 and carefully did exactly
> > what you write here but I can't get it to work. I still got the
> > "Invalid link."
>
> > linly
>
> > On 1月29日, 下午9時39分, The Editor <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> The problem is this line:
>
> >>         [(list '{info.tags::{p}}' delimiter=' ' join=' | '
> >> fmt='[[?tag.{+p}|+]]')]   [ [[{p}&action=tags|Edit]] ]
>
> >> The {p} in the fmt part of the function uses the tag, which is as you
> >> note an invalid format. We could try stripping it:
>
> >> Try this (I didn't test):  In config.php put:
>
> >> function BOLTFutfstrip($args, $zone) {
> >>         return BOLTutf8_strip($args[''][0]);
> >>         }
>
> >> Then in the function change it to this:
>
> >> [(list '{info.tags::{p}}' delimiter=' ' join=' | '
> >> fmt='[[?tag.{+p}|+]]')]   [ [[<(utfstrip {p})>&action=tags|Edit]] ]
>
> >> That should fix one part of the problem. Now however we have a new
> >> one: the stripped {p2} will no longer match the non-stripped tag.
> >> However we might be able to fix that by similarly stripping the tags
> >> when doing the searching:
>
> >> In infotags.php try changing line 5 to this:
>
> >>                 if (strpos($v, BOLTutf8_strip($args[''][1])) !== false) 
> >> $outarray[] = $f;
>
> >> We'll probably also have to fix the tag cloud function as well.  Perhaps:
>
> >>                 $out .= " <span style=\"font-size: " . $x . 
> >> "px;\">[[?tag." .
> >> BOLTutf8_strip($i) . "|$i]]</span> ";
>
> >> Again, no guarantee about all this, but if it works, I'm willing to
> >> put the utfstrip function in the core and modify the infotags.php
> >> plugin. Can you test for me?
>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Dan
>
> >> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 7:43 AM, Linly <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >> > OK, I found the [(info)] function can find utf-8 tags and display the
> >> > page contain that tag.
>
> >> > Now the problem left is how not to make the "tag.utf-8tag" disply as
> >> > "Invalid link".
>
> >> > linly
>
> >> > On 1月29日, 下午6時20分, Linly <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> >> Just tested the new infotags plugin. It works great with one thing not
> >> >> so perfect that it does not support all utf-8 characters. Although I
> >> >> can set a Chinese tag for any page and it really appeared in page
> >> >> "info.tags", but it finally display as an "Invalid link." at the page
> >> >> footer.
>
> >> >> I know that is caused by the limitation of page name which can not
> >> >> allow none English characters. Is it means that if we need infotags
> >> >> support utf-8, we should wait the "Percent-encoding" which is an idea
> >> >> "not likely to make it into BoltWire 3.0"? :(
>
> >> >> What about if someone need utf-8 tags rather than making the tags
> >> >> become an url? Since we can write utf-8 characters into "info.tags",
> >> >> can we use the normal search function to find what page has a certain
> >> >> tag instead of using "tag.whatever" to find them? Because the
> >> >> "tag.whatever" way makes the utf-8 tags become "Invalid link."
>
> >> >> Cheers,
> >> >> linly
>
> >> >> On 1月22日, 下午11時18分, The Editor <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >> >> > I've just release a new plugin using the info function to create a
> >> >> > tags system. As usual it's not the only solution, but I find this
> >> >> > particular approach very nice.
>
> >> >> >http://www.boltwire.com/index.php?p=solutions.links.infotags
>
> >> >> > It's much simpler and as I'm using it on my blog currently, it's more
> >> >> > likely to be supported, than the existing tags system which I would
> >> >> > consider deprecated. In fact, if there are traces of the code still in
> >> >> > the core I will drop them on site... This approach is far superior and
> >> >> > far more flexible.
>
> >> >> > The only thing I don't really like is the tagcloud feature is
> >> >> > generated dynamically on each page load. It seems it should be setup
> >> >> > as a command and generated only when the tags page is updated. Perhaps
> >> >> > stored intact as a data variable on the info.tags. page. This would
> >> >> > increase performance and cpu load. It's plenty fast as is, but should
> >> >> > a site get busy every tweak we can manage will come in handy.
>
> >> >> > Will get around to it eventually. It won't be hard at all.  Feedback
> >> >> > on the revised plugin info is appreciated.
>
> >> >> > Cheers,
> >> >> > Dan
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to