Documentation always takes time... it is best done when creating the
widget but really hard to do since then you are spending 2/3 of the
time documenting and 1/3 time developing...

Developing is much more fun.

However, If you create a Cookbook area, I'm sure people would
contribute.  I know I will as I understand it better.

The PHP part is ease for me since I do it a lot, the BoltWire snippet
stuff has been harder to figure out.  I'm getting there.. Just too
many other things going on at once.

On Sep 16, 7:41 am, The Editor <[email protected]> wrote:
> Kevin, you are also very might right in this point. It's been a
> chronic complaint. I'm thinking two things:
>
> 1) A "Your First Action" example in the getting started section. I'm
> thinking a simple contact management script, or perhaps a profile
> editing script.
> 2) A cookbook/code snippets/examples section in the docs area, rather
> than the solutions. Or cross listed somehow.
>
> We definitely need more tutorials and samples, but I think this could
> be a great step that direction. I might even be able to dig up a bunch
> of old snippets. I used to have about 20 or 30 of them written up.
> Timewise, I really don't have time to write a bunch of documentation.
> If we're really serious about conquering the web, we'll have to hire
> both a technical writer and a marketing director. But then again, I
> can't even afford to go to wiki sim!   :)
>
> Cheers,
> Dan
>
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 10:32 PM, Kevin <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > That is some pretty good insight there Markus...
>
> > One area that I think would make Boltwire easier to learn and
> > understand would be to have more detailed examples and tutorials... Of
> > course that take time to do.
>
> > A cookbook of examples would also be nice so that you can see how many
> > of the functions, commands, variables can be used to obtain certain
> > types of results.  Many of the functions, commands, variables just
> > list what they are, not how they could be used.
>
> > Some good example pages of working forms.
>
> > A page that provides links to sites using Boltwire to show the
> > flexibility of how you can use the system.
>
> > The system is very powerful, and there are whole areas that I've not
> > even gotten into yet.
>
> > So many things and so little time.
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to