I have a Boom that was purchased on day one of their availability, is used heavily (12+ hours per day, most every day, at mostly around 40-50 volume), has spent 90% of its life with a sub-woofer attached, and DOES NOT suffer from woofer surround separation. It is not in the direct sun, or in a humid environment.

I'm guessing that use of an external sub-woofer is what's saving the speaker surrounds. The crossover is filtering out the deep bass signal, the drivers have an easier job to do, and the cones just aren't pumping with the same amount of energy. Less stress, less wear, and the surrounds have survived.

Just a guess, but so far so good.