chill wrote:
> I bought a used Boom this weekend, and as expected, the front panel is
> very sticky.  I can clean it by wiping over with a cloth dipped in
> meths, but it stays sticky and quickly collects dust again.  I'm just
> wondering whether anyone has tried coating it with, say, a clear matt
> lacquer without stripping the original finish.  I'm not sure whether the
> sticky original finish is stable enough to take a couple of coats of
> lacquer.

I can't talk about covering with a clear lacquer, but with the meths I
did find you need to get in there and rub, rub, rub - not just wipe.
The meths softens the top layer and with more rubbing it will start to
all come off back to the base plastic.

You need to work in a small area to get it started to build out from
there.

All the booms I cleaned back to the base plastic using meths have
remained sticky-free.