On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 1:56 PM, Michael Caisse <mcai...@boost.org> wrote:

> Ciere's IT department has been working with DongInn at IU to complete the
> migration. Servers and functionality was migrated in November. Tests have
> been performed to verify that the new system is operating properly. The new
> server resources are syncing with IU's data on a regular basis.

Are the user account moving also? If yes, are the log in credentials the
same? If not, what is the alternative access to the file system?

Have you migrated and tested the test results system?
Have you migrated & tested that the test results reports web pages work the
same?
Have you migrated & tested the test report uploads?
What is the disk space availability of the new web server location after
all the mirroring?

> == Web Server Costs ==
>
> The web server cost should easily fall into the resources donated by
> Rackspace. The exact sizing for bandwidth is still a little "unknown" and
> we are refining our estimates; however, we currently expect the

You forgot to say something there ;-)

== What I need to know ==

> Are there black-out dates for the migration of the MLs or web sites or
> both?

Not during: 2-4 weeks before the start of a release cycle through 2 weeks
after a release to accommodate possible emergency patch release.

The next release is scheduled for 2017-04-12. Which means the release cycle
starts on 2017-02-22. Which means that the switch could to do it before the
next release would need to happen:

* Ideally from 2017-01-09 through 2017-01-24.
* Workable from 2017-01-09 through 2017-02-07.

Warning, there is at least one new library inbound which needs to happen
before anything gets moved as it needs some time to iron out the
integration. So I would shorten the front end of a move to after 1-15
(assuming I start on the integration Wednesday when I'm back in town).

And of course this all depends on the answers to my questions above. As the
critical item for releases is the uptime of the testing system.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything