Jaap Suter wrote:
> > Actually, I was planning on bringing the content of "arithmetic",
> > "logic" and "comparison" directories to "boost/mpl" root (still
> > preserving the corresponding composite headers). In that light,
> > I would suggest putting the new headers directly into the root
> > directory as well.
>
> Yeah, that seems like a good idea because the folder-hierarchy
> doesn't match the namespace-hierarchy. Are you able to do that
> soon?

Before the coming release for sure.

> I did it with the bit-meta-functions, and also added a shift_left.hpp
> and a composite bit.hpp header.

Wonderful! I am going to integrate these at the same time I'll do the
directory structure refactoring. I'll also add your name to the copyright
notice.

> I also added a bit.cpp in boost/libs/mpl/test directory that does a
> unit-test. Let me know if you wish to see more extensive testing (with
> different types).
>
> >> Problem with bit_and
> > So you can go this way, or just make everything take two operands
> > only, and we'll take care of it later.
>
> Yeah, the new bitand_ function only supports two operands now.

That's fine for now.

> Everything is located in in the zip file on
> http://jaap.flipcode.com/boost/bit.zip
>
> Do you want me to put it in the sandbox instead? I still need
> to work on my cvs skills, that's why I haven't put it there yet.

The archive is OK. I'll put them into the main CVS real soon anyway.

Thanks for your work,
Aleksey