On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 19:30:52 -0400
Beman Dawes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 12:53 AM 9/3/2003, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>  >I used boost::tokenizer in one of my project and I found that it took
>  >very long time to accomplish the building process when I include
>  >boost::tokenizer in one of my cpp file.
>
> Hum... How much is "a very long time"? A couple of seconds? minutes? more?
> FWIW,I don't recall the tokenizer regression tests taking excessive compile
> time.
I also wanna submit the mail with exactly how long the duration is, but
I did not konw how to log the time in building process. I am sorry. :-
(

I am sure that it took almost one minute.

>  >Is there any way to accelerate the process. Here's some information
>  >about my machine.
>  >
>  >Computer: DELL Demension 2350
>  >CPU: P4 2.0G
>  >RAM: 256M
>  >OS; Microsoft Windows 2003 Web edition
>  >Compiler: Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Sp5
>  >boost: boost 1.30.0
>
> While there is certainly nothing "wrong" with that configuration, I'd sure
> upgrade with another 256M of RAM and VC++ 7.1 if it was mine:-; (That's a
> personal comment, unrelated to your tokenizer question.)
I am using VC++7.1 too, but all projects in my firm is built with VC6. I
don't have the power to change the platform. :-)