On 09/07/2018 13:39, Mark Brown wrote:
On Mon, Jul 09, 2018 at 01:17:56PM +0100, Grant Likely wrote:

-  While ACPI provides more standardization, Devicetree is preferred in may
embedded
-  platforms for its flexibility.
+  While ACPI provides more standardization, Devicetree is preferred in many
+  embedded platforms for its flexibility.

How about something more like

    While ACPI provides strong standardization for platforms that fit
    within its model many embedded platforms do not work well within
    that model so the standards offered by Devicetree are preferred.

Bit of a pet peeve of mine since ASoC means I'm frequently having to
think about systems that fall off the edge of what ACPI can express and
it's just a miserable experience.

Understood, but I'm going to leave it as is for now. I don't want to get into a discussion of the reasons Devicetree is preferred. I just want to acknowledge that both DT and ACPI are supported options.

g.