we have a special perl guest in town, randal schwartz, inventor of the
schwartzian transform (which is slower then the GRT :), author of
several great perl books and many perl articles, renter of alpacas,
drinker of much beer and more.

i am abusing the powers vested in me and declaring the emergency social
meeting will be at the sunset grill and tap in allston, this tuesday at
7pm. i called and they don't take official reservations but i can call
tuesday and let them know we are coming and give them a head count. they
should be able to seat us without any real problems. so just show up
there and ask for boston.pm or uri. we will meetup in the waiting area
until we get our tables. write to the list if you are planning to attend
so we can get some sort of head count. feel free to just drop in
too. parking in the area can be tight (there is a large public lot
around the corner). you can get there on the commonwealth green line (a
few blocks down harvard st.). that is likely the best route for randal
to take from downtown (he can get on at haymarket or city hall). but he
can taxi it or maybe someone could give him a ride (he is staying at the
harborside inn).

Sunset Grill
130 Brighton Avenue
MA 02134-2811